Getting Your Horse Ready for Autumn
Winter is fast approaching and now is the time to do those jobs you've been putting off:
- Make sure all your winter rugs are clean, in good repair, and send summer rugs off ready for spring
- Put down stones or mats in field gate ways and other wet areas to avoid mud.
- Seek veterinary advice for worm egg count testing and worm appropriately. Tapeworms and encysted small red worms are commonly treated this time of year.
- Make sure your clippers are working and the blades are sharp
- Find out when hunting and shooting is happening in your area. You don't want to be caught out unexpectedly and always wear hi vis.
- Make sure you have a good supply of bedding, hay and feed just in case the weather worsens and your suppliers are unable to reach you.
- Make sure your horses teeth are up to date
- Ensure your yard guttering, fencing, and drainage is in good condition and water outlets are protected from freezing.
Completing this short check list could save you time and stress later. Happy autumn riding everyone!
SUBSCRIBE TO MAILING LIST