Equine Sports Massage
Improve gait, performance, flexibility and range of motion...
Most people have experienced massage in their lives and now your horse can feel the same benefits. Horses cannot say to you if they are in pain or discomfort so if your horse shows any of these signs massage can be beneficial:
- BETTER ON ONE REIN THAN THE OTHER
- STRUGGLES TO FIND THE CORRECT CANTER LEAD
- STARTED BUCKING OR REARING
- COLD BACKED WHEN TACKING UP
- IRRITABILITY WHEN BEING GROOMED
- HEAD TILT OR LACK OF POLL FLEXION
- HOLDS TAIL TO ONE SIDE
- UNEVEN STRIDE LENGTH
- HIGH HEAD AND/OR HEAD SHAKING
Benefits of Equine Sports Massage
- ASSESSING PHYSICAL CONDITION
- IMPROVING GAIT, PERFORMANCE, FLEXIBILITY, AND RANGE OF MOTION
- IMPROVE MUSCLE TONE AND RELIEVE MUSCLE SPASM
- IMPROVES CIRCULATION
- PREVENTS AND RELIEVES ADHESIONS
- WHAT TO EXPECT
As your local 'horse back lady' I will first spend time with you and your horse, leaning about what you require from your horse, any specific areas of concern and any medical problems, and a thorough gait analysis. A visual examination will then be carried out.
The massage can last up to 1 ½ hours and will focus on the whole horse and specifically target problem areas. A detailed work up sheet will be filled out and aftercare and any specific stretches or exercises may be shown so you can do them between sessions.